Wednesday, September 23

Summer has ended...

 
My official summer monitoring duties ended with this little monk today. Gary, our regular volunteer  is back from his summer mainland job. So I will be monitoring another seal area beginning later this week.   It was a bittersweet walk from the beach back to the car.  I so enjoyed watching our 4 seal pups grow and explore.  Don't worry, I will still go and check this area occasionally, it just wont be the 3 times a week that I've done for the past 4.5 months.  Hey RG58, I'll be down the coast a bit if you wanna come visit 
 
Be safe "Rocko" 
 
Going to miss this little face.
Sea Cucumber squirt gun !!
Showing off his bling....stay safe "Rocko"


11 comments:

  1. i have very much enjoyed your seal pics.. sorry to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! We are seeing more and more sea lions in the harbor by our house. So cute
    Snorts
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! We have yet to see seals here but I've heard of a couple of places they have been sunning themselves lately and want to check it out. I know our photos won't be as good as yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wonderful photos! We gotta get out with the Nikon more! Summer ends in Hawaii? How can that even be?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Monk Seal pictures!

    That first picture in today's post is definitely postcard or calendar worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such adorable photos. Tough job you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get back to see those amazing youngsters! And I hope that they stay safe.

    The photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you get attached! I would! :)

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.