Monday, May 26

PK1 and PK2

Here are a couple of cute shots I took yesterday while monitoring the two monk seal pups.

The first shot is of PK1. He is 17 days old in this photo and gives his momma the berries. She barked at him to go into the water, well he just barked back and galumphed up the beach far away from the water. Momma barked again and then joined him!! Guess PK1 won that battle!! He's quite pudgy as you can tell by this picture.
 PK1-day#17
 
Next is PK2. The gender has yet to be determined, but I'm going with a male here too. We should know in the next week or so...stay tuned!! They are so cute when they fall asleep upside down, not a care in the world. I'm sure mom will have him/her out swimming sometime this coming week. Maybe it will happen when I'm there for my next shift.  If you look closely at the right front flipper you will see a small white spot on the very tip. This is a natural bleach mark--basically a monk seal birth mark!! I will be interested to see how it changes as he/she turns a beautiful gray/silver color in the next few weeks.

PK2--Day#3
 upside down :)

4 comments:

  1. What cute little sleeping faces. thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I've been waiting for!
    PK1 has definitely filled out quite a bit since last time you posted his picture and PK2 is cute as a button...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great close up photos! PK1 is definitely getting pudgy. It's good to see them thriving. Keep the photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!! I just want to hug him!!!
    Hope you and the pups are doing great! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.