Sunday, June 10

Why Molokai....

In a couple weeks hubby and I will be returning to Molokai for a short vacation... 
In the next few days I will share a few of my favorite photos of this wonderful island. 
I think you will see why I love Molokai!!
Molokai is not for everyone
in fact there's no fancy hotels, restaurants, or even any 
great shopping...
it's just natural Hawaii and I that's the way I like it.


The above photo is my favorite beach. It's a 45 minute hike via a horrible road, but the scenery is breathtaking and so worth the effort to get there. Often times hubby, the girlz and I would be the only ones here for hours. Great for shelling, watching the sunset, observing whales 
and fun tide pools that Gracie loved!! 
Just remember to bring your headlamp cuz it's dark when you walk 
back out to the car after watching that sunset:)

9 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, So glad you are getting to go for a visit. It's funny but lately the islands have been on my mind so much. I told hubby we may need to go back for a week next winter.
    Love your photo, no surprise-you take such great shots. Have a great evening and day tomorrow and please share more.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a vacation me and MOM would like. We are not much for hotels and stuff. And MOM is not a shopper. Enjoy your time there.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Val!

    That looks like a great beach, especially if no one else is around.

    I can't wait to see what photos you come back with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful. So tell me, where do you stay and do you fly the dogs out there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kind of place, hubby and i do not like beaches or parks or wooded areas with shopping and people, no disney parks for us. we love places just like this. enjoy your vacation. can't wait to see new pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm running behind and I can already see why you love that island!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a place that I want to be. Nice shot!

    Mahalo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.