Thursday, January 5

To the Rescue again....

Yesterday after a full day of work at the dental clinic and bowling league last night I walked into the house at 10 p.m. to find a towel covering something on the carpet.... Hmmmm, whatever could it be?!?!??
First thought was somebody had an accident...as a removed the towel I found a HUGE reddish purple stain. That's when Ron said, the girlz knocked over a large glass of cranberry juice that was on the table next to his recliner. Okay....his next statement was "that'll NEVER come out."  I jumped on the internet and found the magic recipe for carpet stain removal....


Once again  Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda have become my MOST favorite cleaning solutions. For those of you that have been following this blog for awhile know that hydrogen peroxide and baking soda were very instrumental in removing the skunk smell from my house, Gracie and Schatzie last fall. Anyhow, I soaked the carpet with the H2O2 (love listening to the bubbles work) and then sprinkled baking soda on the area, waited a few minutes, did a warm water rinse and like magic the stain was gone!!!
So, don't ever say NEVER when battling a stain, try the peroxide and soda!!

4 comments:

  1. wow, this is wonderful, i will file this in my memory bank.. ha ha on that working. this is good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, a very good tip to know! thanks!!!

    and thanks for your visit to my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great to know! Glad it worked for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gonna store that in the memory bank...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.